Aircraft Design Software
Aircraft Performance Program (APP) was created in 1981 by ALR Aerospace, in association with RUAG Aerospace Defense Technology, as a unique aircraft performance and preliminary design analysis program to aid in the conceptual and preliminary design of fighters, trainers and light aircraft. Today, APP is a trusted aircraft performance analysis tool, unlike anything available in the industry today. DARcorporation is proud to be the only distributor of ALR’s Aircraft Performance Program software and strongly recommend this widely used program for aircraft performance calculations.
Aircraft Performance Program (APP) is a specialized software for aircraft performance analysis. APP computes the complete range of aircraft performance parameters over a user-specified range of altitudes, speeds and other variables. The software is designed for speed, simplicity and flexibility in its use. It provides users with useful quick-look (evaluate) functions for the examination of a wide variety of data e.g. thrust, fuel flow, lift, drag, SEP, turn rate, etc.
APP is recommended for commercial aerospace & engineering companies, government offices and aeronautical engineering universities. APP is the perfect solution for:
- Practical and theoretical performance analysis
- Concept development and detail design
- Competitor performance analysis
- Flight test and Certification support
- Flight handbooks, Performance and Marketing brochures
- University teaching and instruction
Suitable for Commercial, Civil & Military Aircraft, Turboprops, Gliders, Trainers, Business Jets & UAVs
Aircraft Performance Program Features
Available Flight Segments
APP provides you with a multitude of flight segments that allow you to define specific mission analyses. It enables both, a very fast and easy “first shot” solution up to very detailed missions for complex analyses! A selection of available segments includes:
- Climb; Climb at Best Angle; Climb at Best Rate; Climb at CAS; Climb at EAS; Climb at Constant Mach
- Cruise; Cruise at Best SR; Cruise at Mach; Cruise at Optimum Altitude and Mach
- Descent, Descent at No Credit (at best FF or best SR), Descent at CAS, Descent at EAS, Descent at Mach
- Energy Exchange
- Ground Operation
- Landing Roll
- Loiter & Loiter at Best FF
- Maneuver at Constant or Maximum Load Factor
- Reset Altitude or Reset Mach
- Store Drop
Available Mission Optimizers
The mission module includes a set of fast optimizers to help you refine your analyses. Using the mission-optimizers, APP users are able to define segments that shall be maximized along with inputs on required reserves. Available optimizations are:
- Range Optimization
- Endurance Optimization
- Radius of Action optimization
APP features a multitude of standard performance charts for aircraft point performance analysis. Furthermore a comparison feature for different results is readily available. Available Pre-defined point performance-analysis charts are highly customizable, they include:
- Turn-Rate Charts (constant SEP) / Energy-Maneuverability Charts
- Turn-Rate Charts (constant Altitude)
- SEP vs. Altitude Charts
- Point Performance Parameter Computation
- Required Thrust and Drag Chart for Different Load-Factors
Take-Off & Landing Computation
APP incorporates a unique 2.5-dimensional method to obtain takeoff- and landing- distances with respect to different certifications and environmental conditions:
- Takeoff, Rejected Takeoff, Balanced Field Length, Landing
- Calculations respect military and civil airworthiness regulations: MIL-STD-3013, FAR Part 23 & 25, EASA CS 23 & 25
- All Engines Operative (AEO) and One Engine Inoperative (OEI) calculations
- Respecting runway dimensions as: Runway Length, Runway Altitude, Runway Slope
- Different runway conditions are available: Dry, Wet, Snow, Ice
Calculations possible with or without afterburner
Yes, each different engine data will require a new aircraft configuration setup. For each mission segment, select the corresponding aircraft configuration for the appropriate engine model.
Yes, temperature above or below International Standard Atmosphere (ISA) can be added to any segments of flight in the mission.
Tested & Verified Commercial Software Product
Support Documents & Downloads
Software License Pricing
Software purchase includes CD-ROM, WibuKey and 12 months software maintenance (tech support, service releases and new version upgrades). Educational & multiple license discounts.
DARcorporation uses Wibu-Systems WibuKey copy protection for the software licensing. The WibuKey concept consists of a WibuBox and the Wibu software. The WibuBox or WibuKey refers to the USB dongle that contains the software license. Our software needs the license to be present so that it will run. The Wibu software (or drivers) refers to the Wibu program that must be installed so that the computer can recognize WibuBoxes.
FLOATING LICENSE: Software is accessible from multiple computers, but limited to the number of licenses purchased. The WibuKey does not need to be attached to the local computer where the software is started. All computers running APP must be able to access the license server.
NODE LOCKED LICENSE: Software can only be used on the computer the software is installed on. The WibuKey must be attached to the local computer where APP is started.
An Intel or compatible CPU
OS: Windows (64 bit) 7 and up
Minimum RAM: 64 MB of extended memory to run APP smoothly
Minimum Free Hard Disk Space: 20 MB