Senior Aerospace Engineer
Mr. Yang is a design consulting engineer and an aerodynamics expert. He is an expert in the use of STAR-CCM+, Simulation CFD and MathCAD. He has developed aerodynamic loads for multiple General Aviation airplanes and multiple large airplane modifications such as the Lockheed P-3 (NASA and NOAA), NASA DC 8 and Basler DC-3. Mr. Yang is also expert in the use of LabVIEW and wind tunnel testing. He has conducted many tests including scaled aircraft, such as the Cessna 210, Citation III business jet and forest-fire-early-detection UAV, to validate aircraft flight characteristics. He has also performed detailed aerodynamic analyses on both vertical and horizontal axis wind turbine. Mr. Yang also performs data analysis on all wind tunnel programs performed by DAR personnel. Mr. Yang is a senior member of AIAA and reviewer for Journal of Aircraft.
- University of Kansas, Aerospace Engineering: M.S., 2008
- University of Kansas, Aerospace Engineering: B.S., 1995
- M. Yang, D.M. van Dommelen, W. Liu, J. Eppler, D. Darrah and W.A. Anemaat, “UAV Rotor Acoustic Analysis and Optimization,” AIAA Paper 2019-2547, presented at 25th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference (Aeroacoustics 2019), Delft, The Netherlands, May 20-24, 2019.
- M. Yang, D. Darrah, J. Eppler, W. Liu and W.A. Anemaat, “Small UAV Acoustic Design, Analysis and Testing,” AIAA Paper 2019-1073, presented at 2019 AIAA Science and Technology Forum and Exposition, San Diego, CA, January 9, 2019.
- W.A. Anemaat, W. Liu, M. Yang and R. Hale, “Design, Build and Fly: Basler BT-67 with External Antenna Fairings,” AIAA Paper 2016-4062, presented at the 16th AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations Conference, AIAA AVIATION 2016, Washington, D.C., June 13 17, 2016.
- W.A. Anemaat, W. Liu, B. Kaushik, M. Yang, M. Brown and R. Hale, “Design, Build and Fly: NASA Lockheed P-3 Orion with External Antenna Fairings,” AIAA Paper 2013-0019, presented at the 51st AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Grapevine, TX, January 7-10, 2013.