Mr. Joel Eppler is an aerospace engineer with extensive experience in wind tunnel testing, motor/engine characterization, propeller/ducted fan performance and acoustic testing. He also has experience in CNC fabrication, 3D printing, designing and building test fixtures, test setup, DAQ and instrumentation, as well as test data reduction and analysis. He is proficient in engineering tools such as Patran, Femap, Nastran, Siemens NX, LabVIEW and MATLAB. Mr. Eppler also has composites manufacturing experience and has built a number of aerospace grade structures. He was part of the undergraduate aircraft design team that took first place in the 2016 international AIAA Aircraft Design Competition.
- University of Kansas, Aerospace Engineering: B.S., 2016
- D. Darrah, W. Liu, J. Eppler and W.A. Anemaat, “Integrated Electrical UAV Propulsion Design and Testing for High Efficiency,” SAE Paper 20ATC-0095, presented at 2020 SAE AeroTech, Pasadena, CA, March 10, 2020.
- D. Darrah, J. Eppler, W. Liu and W.A. Anemaat, “Electric Ducted Fan Design and Testing for High Performance UAV Integration,” AIAA Paper 2020-0017, presented at 2020 AIAA SciTech Forum, Orlando, FL, January 6-10, 2020.
- M. Yang, D.M. van Dommelen, W. Liu, J. Eppler, D. Darrah and W.A. Anemaat, “UAV Rotor Acoustic Analysis and Optimization,” AIAA Paper 2019-2547, presented at 25th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference (Aeroacoustics 2019), Delft, The Netherlands, May 20-24, 2019.
- M. Yang, D. Darrah, J. Eppler, W. Liu and W.A. Anemaat, “Small UAV Acoustic Design, Analysis and Testing,” AIAA Paper 2019-1073, presented at 2019 AIAA Science and Technology Forum and Exposition, San Diego, CA, January 9, 2019.
- R. Sprunger, J. Eppler, J. Vlasnik, M. Gritsch, C. Clanchy, J. Fox, J. Kennedy, L. Murphy and T. George, “The Screamin’ Dingo: An Investigation and Adventure into Competitive Aerobatic Light Sport Aircraft”, presented at the 2017 AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, AIAA Science and Technology Forum and Exposition, Grapevine, TX, January 9th, 2017.