Mr. Drew Darrah is an aerospace engineer with wide-ranging experiences in Advanced Aircraft Analysis (AAA), Aircraft Performance Program (APP), Siemens NX, Ansys Fluent, Patran/Nastran and various panel codes. He is an expert in propeller and ducted fan design using blade element momentum methods. As a graduate student, Mr. Darrah placed first in the 2017 AIAA Graduate team aircraft design competition. He also participated in research for the FAA A4 project into small UAS collisions testing and assessment of propeller strike damage. Mr. Darrah has developed state space models to model aircraft dynamics for the use in controller architecture and also has experience in propeller design. He is currently pursuing his M.S. degree as well.
- University of Kansas, Aerospace Engineering: B.S., 2016
- D. Darrah, J. Ink, I. Sheppard and M. Ison, “Flight Testing of the MAVRIK,” presented at the 3rd UAV Flight Testing Convention, Virtual Event, October 24-25, 2022.
- W.A. Anemaat, K.A. Brewer, D.T. Darrah, J.F. Ink, W. Liu and B. Moorthamers, “Design, Build and Testing of the MAVRIK with Distributed Electric Propulsion,” AIAA Paper 6.2022-3201, presented at 2022 AIAA Aviation Forum, Chicago, IL, June 27-July 1, 2022.
- W.A. Anemaat, D. Darrah, B. Moorthamers and W. Liu, “Modeling and Optimization of Propulsion Systems for eVTOL Aircraft,” VFS Paper 1181, presented at VFS Forum 78, May 10-12, 2022.
- D. Darrah, W. Liu, J. Eppler and W.A. Anemaat, “Integrated Electrical UAV Propulsion Design and Testing for High Efficiency,” SAE Paper 20ATC-0095, presented at 2020 SAE AeroTech, Pasadena, CA, March 10, 2020.
- D. Darrah, J. Eppler, W. Liu and W.A. Anemaat, “Electric Ducted Fan Design and Testing for High Performance UAV Integration,” AIAA Paper 2020-0017, presented at 2020 AIAA SciTech Forum, Orlando, FL, January 6-10, 2020.
- M. Yang, D.M. van Dommelen, W. Liu, J. Eppler, D. Darrah and W.A. Anemaat, “UAV Rotor Acoustic Analysis and Optimization,” AIAA Paper 2019-2547, presented at 25th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference (Aeroacoustics 2019), Delft, The Netherlands, May 20-24, 2019.
- M. Yang, D. Darrah, J. Eppler, W. Liu and W.A. Anemaat, “Small UAV Acoustic Design, Analysis and Testing,” AIAA Paper 2019-1073, presented at 2019 AIAA Science and Technology Forum and Exposition, San Diego, CA, January 9, 2019.
- D. Darrah, M. Dessouki, I. Costa, M. Mendoza, R. Sprunger, M. Moschetti, T. George, K. Herda, M. Burns and Y. Zhou, “Desprüngdarcost Aerospace Presents: The Tachion Business Jet Series”, presented at the 2018, AIAA Science and Technology Forum and Exposition, Kissimmee, FL, January 8th, 2018.