Throughout the year, Dr. Jan Roskam presents on the History of Airplane Design. There are a total of five webinars in the series, and all are free. Each one-hour webinar focuses on specific companies and their contributions to the commercial, military and transport aircraft industries. Learn from a legend in aircraft design how some of today’s best known companies got started, persevered or went bankrupt, merged or made it on their own.
You must register for each webinar. Register through the links below.
- February 19, 2020 – History of Airplane Design: The German Airplane Manufacturers
- May 13, 2020 – History of Airplane Design: The Italian Airplane Manufacturers
- August 12, 2020 – History of Airplane Design: The French Airplane Manufacturers
- October 7, 2020 – History of Airplane Design: The English Airplane Manufacturers – Part I
- November 4, 2020 – History of Airplane Design: The English Airplane Manufacturers – Part II
About the Instructor: Dr. Jan Roskam retired as the Dean E. Ackers Distinguished Professor in Aerospace Engineering at The University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas in 2003. He is the author of a two-volume text called Airplane Flight Dynamics and Automatic Flight Controls and an eight volume text called Airplane Design. He has co-authored (with Dr. C. Edward Lan) a text called Airplane Aerodynamics and Performance. These texts are used by more than fifty universities and by aerospace companies in the USA and abroad. In addition he has authored or co-authored over 150 papers, articles and technical reports. Dr. Roskam is a Fellow in the AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics), a Fellow in the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) and a Fellow in the Royal Aeronautical Society (England).