Join Dr. Jan Roskam as he profiles some of the best and worst airplane manufacturers in his webinar “History of Airplane Design”. Learn from a legend in aircraft design how some of today’s best known companies got started, persevered or went bankrupt, merged or made it on their own. Each one-hour webinar focuses on specific companies and their contributions to the commercial, military and transport aircraft industries.
All webinars are free, though you must register in advance.
- March 16, 2022 – Overview of Unusual Airplane Configurations, Part I (Register Here)
- April 20, 2022 – Overview of Unusual Airplane Configurations, Part II (Register Here)
- May 18, 2022 – The Beginning, Rise and Decline of the Wichita, Kansas Aircraft Industry (Register Here)
- June 15, 2022 – Airplanes I Worked on That Did Not Make It and Why (Register Here)
- July 20, 2022 – Airplane Design Lessons Learned the Hard Way (Register Here)
You can watch past History of Airplane Design webinars here: https://lpe.ku.edu/aero-online Scroll down to the History of Airplane Design section, and you can view any of the webinars listed.
About the Instructor: Dr. Jan Roskam retired as the Dean E. Ackers Distinguished Professor in Aerospace Engineering at The University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas in 2003. He is the author of a two-volume text called Airplane Flight Dynamics and Automatic Flight Controls and an eight volume text called Airplane Design. He has co-authored (with Dr. C. Edward Lan) a text called Airplane Aerodynamics and Performance. These texts are used by more than fifty universities and by aerospace companies in the USA and abroad. In addition he has authored or co-authored over 150 papers, articles and technical reports. Dr. Roskam is a Fellow in the AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics), a Fellow in the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) and a Fellow in the Royal Aeronautical Society (England).