Aircraft Performance Program
Aircraft Performance Program (APP) was created in 1981 by ALR Aerospace, in association with RUAG Aerospace Defence Technology, as a unique aircraft performance and preliminary design analysis program to aid in the conceptual and preliminary design of fighters, trainers and light aircraft.
Today, APP is a trusted aircraft performance analysis tool, unlike anything available in the industry today. DARcorporation is proud to be the only distributor of ALR's Aircraft Performance Program software and strongly recommend this widely used program for aircraft performance calculations.
Aircraft Performance Program (APP) computes the complete range of performance parameters over a user-specified range of altitudes, speeds and other variables. The program is designed for simplicity and flexibility in its use and provides the user with useful quick-look (evaluate) functions for the examination of a wide variety of data (e.g. thrust, fuel flow, lift, drag, SEP, turn rate, etc.)
APP will compute most mission profiles based on defined mission specifications. The types of mission flight phases (take-off, climb, cruise, loiter, descent, etc.) are suitable for Commercial, Civil and Military Aircraft, Turboprops, Gliders, Trainers, Business Jets and UAVs.
Use APP to evaluate and compare the turn rate of different fighter aircraft, analyze the most efficient cruise conditions of a transport, or the best glide ratio of a powerless glider.
Aircraft Performance Program works in metric and British units and is able to switch during program execution to either system. This feature allows a rapid conversion of results into either system of units. Due to its optimized numerical capabilities, the program solves performance calculations within seconds.
A mission manager supports mission compilation and definition. Over 25 mission segments may be combined in any order for a full mission profile calculation. An optimizer routine evaluates the maximum range, maximum endurance and maximum operating range. Mission progress for user defined time steps and output parameters are printed to a spreadsheet and visualized with charts.
More than 60 output parameters are available for performance and mission evaluation. The output format can be changed without re-computation. Charts and spreadsheets may be copied directly into any Microsoft document or saved to file. For increased flexibility, the spreadsheets are compatible with MS Excel file format.
Aircraft Performance Program (APP) is a valuable tool for small design teams and large aerospace companies. APP will produce quick assessments without having to resort to internal, and very expensive, computer programs. Operators, research establishments, universities, government agencies and air forces will use it as a very cost-effective tool by avoiding expensive and lengthy subcontracting in many phases of their work.
Aircraft Performance Program (APP) is recommended for commercial aerospace & engineering companies, government offices and aeronautical engineering universities. APP is the perfect solution for:
- Practical and theoretical performance analysis
- Concept development and detail design
- Competitor performance analysis
- Flight test and Certification support
- Flight handbooks, Performance and Marketing brochures
- University teaching and instruction
Aircraft Performance Program (APP) Features
- Range Optimization
- Endurance Optimization
- Radius of Action optimization
- Point Performance Computation
- Turn-Rate Cart (SEP)
- Turn-Rate Chart (Altitude)
- SEP Chart (Altitude)
- Thrust and Drag
- Sustained Load Factor Envelope
- Turn Rate at Constant SEP
- Turn Rate at Constant Altitude
- Turn Rate at Constant Acceleration
- Specific Excess Power Chart
- Thrust and Drag Chart
- Climb; Climb at Best Angle; Climb at Best Rate; Climb at CAS; Climb at EAS; Climb at Constant Mach
- Cruise; Cruise at Best SR; Cruise at Mach; Cruise at Optimum Altitude and Mach
- Descent; Descent at No Credit
- Energy Exchange
- Ground Operation
- Landing Roll
- Loiter; Loiter at Best FF
- Maneuver at Constant Load Factor; Maneuver at Maximum Load Factor
- Reset Altitude; Reset Mach
- Store Drop
- Intuitive and Easy to Learn Interface
- Aircraft Model File Type and Configuration Management
- Support for Fixed and Variable Pitch Propeller Aircraft (Piston & Turboprop)
- Simulation of Take-off, Landing, Rejected Take-off and Balanced Field Length
- Mission Parameter Study (automate mission computations)
- Mission Segments: Descent at const. Mach, CAS, EAS, Energy Method for Max. Rate Climb, Cruise at opt. Altitude and constant Mach.
Software License Pricing
Software purchase includes CD-ROM, WIBU Key and Aircraft Examples. Floating and Node Locked Licenses. Educational license discounts.
List of Airplane Examples
- Light-Weight Fighter Light Single Engine (variable propeller)
- Small UAV (fixed propeller)
- Boeing 747-100
- Airbus A320
System Requirements: Intel or Compatible CPU | Windows XP SP2, 7, 8, 8.1 & 10 | Min. RAM: 64MB | Min. Free Hard Disk Space: 20MB
Aircraft Performance Program (APP) Software Training is structured for the new user of APP, or if you want to fully evaluate the software before committing to a purchase. Each course is structured for the engineer's personal needs and projects. This is an "On-Demand" 8-hour course offered at DARcorporation and on-line. On-line training will be scheduled in 2-4 hour sessions and will be recorded; a link will be provided after the training is complete.